Challenge #2 | Name That Sensor!
Time: 30 minutes
Materials Needed: a computer and your brain!
Show us how much you know about the tools that you are using!
1. A weighing lysimeter is great for……….
2. Soil moisture sensors do not………
3. Why do you think there are soil moisture sensors at multiple locations and depths around the site, isn’t one good enough?
4. Why is there a flume on your site and why is it so important to keep it clean?*
5. What is evapotranspiration, anyway?
You will know you are done when you….
Answer all of the questions to the best of your ability and then do extra research online to fill-in the gaps.Post your answers in the Journal section of this website. Sign your name at the bottom of your post.
*Not every site has the same sensors, so if you can’t find one on your site, do a little online research and show us how smart you really are.